2023-10-13 Snargl 1 minute 16 seconds
What is the 00s Style?
The 00s Style, also known as the Y2K Style, was a fashion trend that emerged in the late 1990s and lasted until the early 2010s.
It was characterized by a mix of influences from pop culture, technology, hip-hop, and retro styles.
Some of the features of the 00s Style were:
- Low-rise jeans that exposed the midriff and sometimes the underwear.
These jeans were often paired with crop tops, halter tops, or tube tops for a casual look.
- Velour tracksuits that were popularized by celebrities like Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, and Jennifer Lopez.
These tracksuits came in bright colors and often had logos or rhinestones on them.
- Bandage dresses that were tight-fitting and showed off the curves.
These dresses were usually worn for parties or events and were made famous by brands like Hérve Léger and BCBG Max Azria.
- Bubble dresses that had a gathered hemline that created a voluminous shape.
These dresses were often worn with peep-toe pumps or strappy sandals for a girly and playful look.
- Printed skinny jeans that came in various patterns, colors, or textures.
These jeans were often worn with graphic tees, tank tops, or cardigans for a funky and edgy look.
- Handkerchief hemlines that had an uneven and asymmetrical cut.
These hemlines were seen on skirts, dresses, and tops and gave a bohemian and whimsical vibe.
- Shield sunglasses that had large lenses that covered most of the face.
These sunglasses were often worn by celebrities and musicians and gave a futuristic and cool impression.
- Micro mini skirts that were very short and showed a lot of leg.
These skirts were often worn with boots, heels, or flats and sometimes layered over leggings or tights for a more modest look.
- Dresses over pants that combined two different pieces of clothing for a layered and unexpected look.
These outfits were often worn with belts, scarves, or jackets for a more accessorized look.
- Baker boy caps that were inspired by the hats worn by newsboys or delivery boys.
These caps were often worn with casual or chic outfits and added a touch of vintage flair.
The 00s Style was a reflection of the cultural and technological changes that occurred in the new millennium.
It was a time of experimentation, creativity, and fun in fashion.
Some of the 00s Style trends have made a comeback in recent years, while others have faded into history.
Example of the color palette for the image of 00s Style
Top 5 color shades of the illustration. Arranged in descending order of frequency of occurrence (first - more often, last - more rare).
See these colors in NCS, PANTONE, RAL palettes...
NCS (Natural Color System)
Continue browsing posts in category "Styles"
You may find these posts interesting: